Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where can I find a website that will give me a diagram on how to line up timing marks for a 99 jeep cherokee?

I'm changing the timing chain in 1999 jeep cherokee 4.7L. I need to find out were the timing marks are supposed to beWhere can I find a website that will give me a diagram on how to line up timing marks for a 99 jeep cherokee?i would go to the libary and use the refence book other wise alldata.com 15 bucks i think for one vehicalWhere can I find a website that will give me a diagram on how to line up timing marks for a 99 jeep cherokee?Go to any of the after market camshaft websites, such as Crane or Comp Cams. They have the instructions you need.

One point,,,you do not have a 4.7 unless you have a stroker.

The timing marks on the small gear should be straight up and the large gear, straight down.

Hint..set the original cam marks this way, pull the gears and reinstall. You said that you are only changing the chain. My two cents, you really should change the gears and chain. Not good to run new chain on old gears. The new chain will wear faster.

Good LuckWhere can I find a website that will give me a diagram on how to line up timing marks for a 99 jeep cherokee?Drag1in is correct. But he should have added that all engines with the cam inside have the cam gear and the crank gear installed as he told you.
  • Cats
  • DNS setting for local web hosting
  •