Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm thinking about getting a real estate liscence until I figure out a real career, what do you think?

I'm in my third year of college, and i've already changed my major 7 times. I don't have a clue what I want to do with my life yet. I'm tired of wasting money, and I don't want to be stuck with a degree that I'm not going to use, or change my mind on years down the road. My back up plan was always to become a real estate broker. I know the market is down right now, but do you think it's something worth pursuing? I'm only 20 years old but I would really like to get started on some type of career path. Could I have a job as a broker and still go to school? Can I make a decent amount to support myself as a broker in New Jersey? And how would I start to become an agent?I know I have to be good at math, and have excellent communication and general people skills, and also to be driven and motivated to work hard to sell and get clients. If it helps, I'm an excellent waitress at a chain restaurant, I feel like those general charecteristics that make me a good waitress would carry over.I'm thinking about getting a real estate liscence until I figure out a real career, what do you think?Finish your degree. Even if you don't use it, having a degree opens SO many more doors than not having one.



And now's a bad time to go into real estate, for a number of reasons. Stick out the degree, and then make your decisions. One year will have no impact on %26quot;getting ahead%26quot; in a career path, especially if you don't know what that career path is.I'm thinking about getting a real estate liscence until I figure out a real career, what do you think?That question comes up frequently. The answer is that it檚 a difficult career to start no matter the market. And unlike your waitressing job, there檚 no such thing as a regular paycheck.



Check out some of the previous answers to this: http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_rI'm thinking about getting a real estate liscence until I figure out a real career, what do you think?Lax 3,

read '48 days to work u love' d.miller to start u on ur path.

As for RealEstate , now is not the time to go into a down turning industry. thi s correction will be like the farce of the 80's - saving/loan crash. if u like being thin go RE.

note in Good times 80% of RE people leace b4 3rd yr and earn less than minimum wages. RealEstate industry numbers.I'm thinking about getting a real estate liscence until I figure out a real career, what do you think?A big part of sales is the ability to network and to stick with it even when you don't feel all that motivated to do so. I would strongly recommend getting your degree in communications or marketing which translates very well to any sales position. Since the market is a bit tight and you are young now may be a good time to gain those sales skills just in a different market. Do some research and find a company that is looking for some one part time. This will help you pay for school and get those marketable skills going.

Good luck!