Thursday, September 22, 2011

I lack a censor- what can I do to change this?

I spent a good part of my young life learning about being honest. I value honesty, I respect honesty, and I hope to always convey honesty in the responses that I give. However, it seems my honesty has gone past a point that society deems acceptable- I have absolutely no censor.



I have been having a bit of trouble at my job, where I tend to be very negative. As a grooming assistant, I am not respected in my corporation at all. I also have issues with the way my company (a large pet supply chain store) treats their animals, customers, and their image (they present themselves falsely).



My boss has talked to me a number of times about blurting out things like %26quot;I don't get paid enough here%26quot; or %26quot;We should hire more knowledgeable employees%26quot;. And today, I spilled another one when a coworker asked me why I don't have a lot of money. My response- %26quot;Because I work here%26quot;. My boss happened to be standing a few feet away from me and gave me a stern look. I expect to be %26quot;talked to%26quot; once again- I might even face being fired, something I cannot afford.



How can I fix this part of myself? Can this be fixed? I try to think things through before I say them, but stuff like this just comes out and is extremely hard to catch. I've been doing a decent job at keeping my mouth shut, but feel like I won't be given enough time to improve before I lose this job.



Any advice?I lack a censor- what can I do to change this?I complain all the time at my job about not being paid enough.. But rather then say it negatively, I say it sincerely.Someone says why I don't do this or that and most of the time is %26quot;Unfortunetly, I can't afford it with my current pay.%26quot; its honest, and nobody can hold it against you for being negative, OR for being passive aggressive, which may be your problem.



So in short, my solution is, just find a way to state the same things, but with more positive connotation. If your boss isn't a dick maybe they might even be able to give you a raise, but the economy sucks currently it might not even be in their power.