Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What are the possible problems with my car? When I hit the gas, its like im hitting and releasing it.?

I have a 1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr



Now, it has 214,000 miles on it. Which isn't the life of the engine. I see the same car I have with 250,000+ miles going for 3.5k at car lots. But Im starting to wonder if its dying. Heres why...



First, I replaced the fuel filter, air filer, spark plugs and wires, pulley belts, radiator hose, fuel relay switch, starter, and the brake master cylinder prior to September of last year.



In December, I decided to go ahead and fix the internal parts. And by me, I mean I paid someone to do it. So, I have both timing belts new, new seals, the valves adjusted, water pump, axle seal, and everything cleaned up. When I started it, it started perfectly. (The guy said it looked like the timing belt was 1 tooth off from the last change, and when he moved it 1 tooth, I noticed a huge difference in starting.) Basically, before I had it done, the car would almost not start, like it had to turn over almost more then what it could do. Now its just like, bam, started.



I also had new tires put on, which of course doesn't affect how it runs, just how it rides.



Then, 3 days after I had tires put on, and 5 days after the timing belt was put on, a tree landed on my car. Now, it landed mostly on the roof of the house, and since it wasn't a massive tree, it basically pushed the back deck on the drivers side down about 1/8 of an inch, and simply exploded the back windows.



After I had the window put in, thats when we noticed the back deck was down. And that was the first time my car almost didn't start. It was like someone had the radio on all night long, yet nothing was on. I almost had to jump it.



Obviously a tree hitting the back part wouldn't mess the engine up, I don't think. But after the tree hit, its like my car has been cursed.



After I got it started, I noticed when I hit the gas, it would drop to almost 0 rpms, and almost die. It would catch itself and be fine. It did it everytime I hit the gas a little or alot. So I messed with it for about an hour, and for some reason it reset itself so now it catches before it gets near dying.



Then today, out of the blue, literally, its gotten the most disturbing problem yet. I started it, and I could hear a miss. And feel it. It wasn't a constant miss, kinda sparatic about every 4-6 seconds or so. Which didn't seem too big, I excpect a little problems. But when I pulled it out of the garage, backwards, and stopped, it still did it a little more. When I put it into first, started letting out the clutch, and it was like I wasn't giving enough gas. So I stopped, tried again, and when it was going forward, it was jumping. It was literally like I was giving too much gas, then letting off, then hitting it, then letting off. It did this fast, like 1 to 2 times per second it felt like I was riding a bull or something.



So I backed it down and parked it. Reverse goes fine, but Forward its like its not getting an even flow of fuel, or an even flow of air. But Im not sure which. Or if its either. (Beings im not really a mechanic, my dad is the one who knows these things.) And why I am asking here, simply because I like doing things without his help when I can.



So what could it be? I have replaced so many things, either because it had to or because it was time. Like, the timing chain, fuel filter, belts, were all fine, just getting worn down. So I replaced them.



The timing belt and all the inside engine stuff happened about 2 weeks ago. And everything was fine till 2 days ago when I started driving it again. Because even the tree hit over a week ago, I didn't drive it anywhere.



Thanks for any help.What are the possible problems with my car? When I hit the gas, its like im hitting and releasing it.?If it jumps or tries to die when you release the clutch then it has to be your clutch. Also check your fuel pump or relay fuel pump.
  • migrating existing portal
  • valve stem oil seals
  •