Monday, October 24, 2011

Do you ever feel like you have been miraculously heard by powerful forces that change things for the better?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091112/ap_o

This is pretty close to what I was complaining to my long-time bank about regarding their fee structures.

I was suprised to find that my account was overdrawn and when I reviewed the bank printout I found that they had never reversed a fee for financial instruments that were not deliverrd and also charged a service fee for the order. This had set off a chain reaction causing my debit card purchases to bounce. These purchases were all small items where the fees greatly exceeded the actual debit and what was most interesting was when the date was isolated where my account had gone into arrears and the charges associated with this created 255.48 in fees but my ending balance and the credit to my account for never delivered items should have 35.00 including SC but the ending balance on my account was -277.48. this means that there was 290.48 in charges against a -277,48 account balance and if items had been properly handled my account would have been in the positive 23.00. I pointed this out to the bank who then explained that they have a %26quot;new%26quot; system of how they withdraw funds from an account to pay for purchases apparently they do a 3 day batch and regardless of actual purchase date or order of purchase they withdraw funds for the most expensive items first and leave the small items for last. Meaning that there is greater likelihood that regardless of when you purchase and the fact that you balance your checkbook in sequence that because they choose to operate out of sequence that a pile of those small purchases are likely to add up for which each instance they charged me $35. The branch that I went to to straighten out the matter could not refund my account because that $35 is spread between the location where account was opened and the other banks holding the transaction and the way the banks work is that for each time they charge you a fee or a service charge that branch and the person who recorded the fee get a little something extra - making it like a hog heaven for those that want the fee commission and do not bother to check or rhonor a credit back into the holder's account - in my case the $35 that to this day has not been returned. I filed a dispute for all charges and a bank exec named T. Jackson was supposed to contact me within 48 hours and lo and behold I am still waiting for that phone call. The supervisor at the call center that I spoke with while I was in a local branch trying to resolve this headache left her detailed notes a message and also put me throogh to her voice mail where I also left her a detailed message. I think she has been too busy spending her bonus to get back to me.

Do you have a banking fees gripe?Do you ever feel like you have been miraculously heard by powerful forces that change things for the better?Can't see what your actual text has to do with your headline, surely it belongs in the Business section?



Anyway, you ask %26quot;Do you ever feel like you have been miraculously heard by powerful forces that change things for the better?%26quot;



I have to answer NO, but then I've never been on The Oprah Show...